Friday, June 27, 2014

Wes Is Coming - Game On!

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/1936516_1176314242745_3094777_n.jpg
Wes Bethel, fully kilted and ready for battle,
The Links at Bodega Bay, California

Wes Bethel takes his golf very seriously and he's rolling in Monday evening for another 2 or 3 rounds in the ongoing Bethel Wars match play.  I wonder if he's bringing his kilt?  He's sort of cute in a skirt!

I've been working diligently on my swing -- things have improved considerably for me since the orthopod sanded off all those bone spurs and got rid of that ruptured bicep tendon --  but I haven't yet put my game to the ultimate challenge, a take-no-prisoners, two-day match with Wes.  

I hit the course early yesterday morning to test-drive my new shoulder and fine tune my new and improved swing -- a more controlled take-away and a more complete follow-through that I've been working on with Tommy.  I think I'm ready, although for a while last night I was afraid I'd gone backwards.  I was having muscle twinges and pain that I was fairly certain indicated I'd re-injured myself, but a couple of ibuprofen, a soak in the hot tub and a good night's sleep chased it all away and I think I'm good to go now.

I'll play one more practice round tomorrow, just to knock off any rough edges, then get ready to pull on my new, bright yellow Eccos that are guaranteed to blind my opponent and take on my favorite competitor, the guy I've been golfing with now for forty years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment